Zopiclone is a sleeping pill used for the treatment of severe insomnia for a short time. It affects the calming chemicals in the brain called GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid. This provides relief from insomnia, thus helping to fall asleep more quickly and keeping you asleep for long while stopping you from waking up during the night. Zopiclone 10mg tablets are commonly prescribed, but in some cases, liquid medicine is also used for people who cannot swallow tablets.
Side effects of Zopiclone
Zopiclone 10mg tablets can cause mild to serious side effects. Here we include the key side effects that you may look forward to after taking Zopiclone. Do note that not all people experience them and there may be other side effects not listed here. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to know more about the side effects and ways to deal with them.
Most common side effects
The most common side effects resulting from the usage of Zopiclone are:
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain
- Palpitations, a feeling that your heart is skipping a beat, or a fast, irregular, or strong heart rate
These side effects are usually mild and go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. But if they aren’t mild and become severe, staying with you for longer than this, then consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects
Here is a list of serious side effects resulting from the usage of Zopiclone. You should call your doctor or get immediate medical care if you experience any of these, as the symptoms can become life-threatening and dangerous.
- Allergic reactions with these symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face or tongue
- The depression becoming worse or having new symptoms, such as
- Lack of energy
- Thoughts of harming yourself or suicide
- Trouble concentrating or thinking
- Loss of interest in daily life activities or the ones that you normally enjoy
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Abnormal behaviour or thoughts with these symptoms:
- Hallucinations, hearing or seeing imaginary things and voices
- Thinking about imaginary things or as if you are watching yourself from outside of your body
- Abnormal outgoing behaviour
- Performing any of these activities while asleep and not remembering them the next morning:
- Talking on the phone
- Having sex
- Eating or preparing food
- Problems with breathing, such as
- Slowed breathing
- Decreased oxygen in the blood
- Shallow breathing
- Memory loss or amnesia
- Hallucinations, or a condition when a person sees or hears things and voices that aren’t real
Drug interactions of Zopiclone
There are three types of interactions that Zopiclone 10mg tablets show with other medicines: increased side effects from both medicines, increased side effects of Zopiclone and the medicine becoming ineffective. Here we include the list of drugs that cause these types of interactions. Remember that there may be other drug interactions of Zopiclone not included here. Consult your doctor or pharmacist and tell them about the medicines you are using before starting to use Zopiclone.
Increased side effects of both Zopiclone and the other drug
When some medicines are used alongside Zopiclone, the side effects are increased. This is because Zopiclone and other medications have the same side effects, thus they are increased when used together. These types of drugs include:
- Medicines that have a side effect of decreasing alertness, such as chlorpromazine and imipramine. Taking any of these drugs alongside Zopiclone results in drowsiness and sedation.
Increased side effects of just Zopiclone
Using Zopiclone with some drugs may increase the side effects of Zopiclone 10mg tablets. This is because the amount of Zopiclone increases in the body. These types of drugs are:
- Atazanavir and Ritonavir
- Drugs for the treatment of fungal infections, such as voriconazole, ketoconazole, and itraconazole
- Antibiotics, such as erythromycin and clarithromycin
Interactions that make Zopiclone less effective
Sometimes when Zopiclone is used along with some particular medicines, it no longer stays effective. This is because of a decrease in the amount of Zopiclone in the body. These medicines include:
- St. John’s wort
- Anticonvulsant drugs, including phenytoin, carbamazepine, and phenobarbital
- Antibiotics, including rifapentine, rifampin, and rifabutin
Buy Zopiclone 10mg tablets online
These days, people prefer online shopping over other traditional ways of shopping, since it offers effectiveness and ease of buying. You can buy Zopiclone 10mg tablets online while sitting in the comfort of your home through a completely online process. Super Meds store offers Zopiclone and a range of other medicines online and offers customer support for the customers. The best feature is doorstep delivery; they deliver the medicine at your home in the shortest while and offer a refund in case of dissatisfaction.