The best cancer hospital in Mumbai will have the most advanced technologies in the city. You will get the guidance of the best oncologists about your treatment. Read through to know about the types of cancer, causes of cancer and some treatment options.
Types Of Cancer
A type of cancer is often named after the tissues or organs. Sometimes it is also classified based on the type of cell that formed it. It can be a squamous cell or an epithelial cell. Some types of cancer that originate in specific cells are as follows:
- Carcinoma:They are formed by epithelial cells.
- Sarcoma:The form in the soft tissues or bone.
- Lymphoma:This type of cancer originates in the lymphocytes.
- Multiple Myeloma:It begins in the plasma cells of the body.
- Melanoma:They occur in the cells responsible for making melanin or skin pigment.
- Spinal cord and brain tumours:It refers to different types of tumours occurring in the brain or spinal cord.
- Germ cell tumours:They originate in the cells which produce eggs or sperm.
- Neuroendocrine tumours:They originate from cells that produce hormones after getting signals from the central nervous system.
- Carcinoid tumours:These usually occur in the gastrointestinal system.
Causes Of Cancer
Some of the causes of cancer include the following:
- Sun or other radiation
- Physical activity and diet
- Viruses and infections
Treatment For Cancer
Some of the treatment options for cancer are as follows:
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted drug therapy
An oncologist will provide the best treatment options according to the cancer stage and the patient’s overall health. Make sure to visit the best cancer hospital in Mumbai or the city you live in.
Read more health blogs about Double Mastectomy.