Health and safety is a rapidly expanding and in-demand market, with most modern organizations appreciating its fundamental relevance and the role it plays in ensuring compliance with company requirements.Keeping a close watch on professional salaries and benefits is a good idea if you’re an expert in the area, but knowing when to ask for a raise isn’t easy. Companies expect for more than just experience when it comes to job advancement. Relevant field certifications are more necessary than ever before, and choosing the appropriate one is important. When working for the company, the NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety is one of the greatest approved professional certifications you can earn to demonstrate your talents and knowledge.
Points To Remember
- If you get the NEBOSH Safety Course, your health and safety abilities will be recognized across the world.
- This course is adapted to your level of expertise if you are a manager, administrator, or have health and safety duties at work.
- Although there is no proof that a NEBOSH safety course ensures a better wage, your recently acquired management experience, and abilities will offer you a significant advantage in your important position.
Re-negotiate your Pay Using Strength
The program will provide you with greater flexibility to set business-oriented decisions, allowing you to display the leadership skills that your HR team may be looking for. The average compensation for a health and safety manager is £35,704, according to Pay Scale.com, but it may range from £35,000 to £51,000 based on your experience, location in the UK, sector, and work responsibilities.There is no information to back up the claim that holding the NEBOSH General Certificate would result in a wage increase. You’ll also be able to see how your measures are changing the workplace safety culture and helping the business financially.
It will help you construct a case for a job promotion if you can put a monetary value on the controls you’ve implemented since the training, but you may need to collaborate with other team leaders and your finance director to collect the data. Keep track of all the ways you’ve utilized NEBOSH to promote a safer workplace culture and submit your findings to your supervisors on a regular basis to demonstrate your knowledge. However, the NEBOSH safety course will provide you with greater freedom to make business-related decisions, allowing you to display the leadership skills that your HR team may be looking for.
If you believe the NEBOSH General Certificate is the course for you, the next step is persuading your supervisor to see things your way.You can’t come in bragging about how the training will help you advance your profession and extend your horizons. Your supervisor has their own set of goals and objectives to achieve, and they’re concentrating on how to deal with difficulties and problems that arise in their department in various ways.
If you work for a small firm, they may also be constrained by fiscal constraints. You’ll have a better chance of getting the training if you can interpret the NEBOSH safety course in their language and brag about the commercial benefits (and maybe your team as well).
Consider the following
- The realities – why and how will NEBOSH assist your team/department/larger company?
- Return to one-to-ones and review your personal development plan. Determine how much money has been set aside for health and safety training.
- What would your management and senior management expect from NEBOSH training in terms of return on assets?