If your PCI memory controller driver is not working, and you are looking for the most effective solution, then you have landed at the right place. However, first things first, to fix a problem, you need to understand it. Therefore, first, you will learn about the PCI memory controller, followed by the solution for its driver issues.
So, if you experience any type of problem in downloading, installing, or running your PCI Memory Controller driver in Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 PCs every time you restart your system, read till the end to handle the problem in the best way possible.
About PCI Memory Controller
PCI, or peripheral component interconnect, is the name of the industry-standard bus for syncing peripheral devices with a PC. Through Device Manager, Windows users may install PCI boards with a common name of PCI Simple Communications Controller when the device’s drivers are not loaded.
Your computer contains numerous PCI memory controller components. These devices and Windows are interacted with by the driver in question. Therefore, you must install convenient versions of these device drivers in case a driver problem occurs.
Open “Device Manager” on your PC, extend the “Other Devices” category, and look for a “Yellow Exclamation Mark” next to PCI Memory Controller to determine the driver’s current state. If it displays a Yellow Mark, the PCI Memory Controller driver may not have been installed correctly, or it may be corrupted or out-of-date. To resolve the problem in such a scenario, you must upgrade this driver.
Solutions to Fix PCI Memory Controller Driver Problems
Solution 1- Use Device Manager to update the PCI Memory Controller driver on your Windows Computer-
The PCI Memory Controller driver has to be updated as it is one potential solution for this problem.
- Select “Device Manager” by pressing the keyboard shortcuts Windows + X.
- Locate the “PCI Memory Controller” device in “Device Manager” and use the right-click menu to choose “Update Driver.”
- To complete the upgrade, choose the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and adhere to the on-screen directions. During the update, ensure your PC is linked to a reliable internet source.
Restarting your computer will allow you to observe the differences and determine whether the error has been fixed.
Solution 2- Run a scan to check changes in the hardware
If your system was recently reinstalled, you might be able to resolve the PCI memory controller driver problem by manually checking for hardware modifications because the error may be resolved by checking this. Follow these steps to scan for hardware changes-
- Open Device Manager, nevertheless.
- Scan for hardware, and you can find the possible modifications by selecting Action from the above menu.
- Wait for it to finish.
- Check if the PCI memory controller fault has been fixed after that.
Is this not the solution for your particular problem with PCI Memory Controller Driver? Try the next method and resolve the issue.
Solution 3- Go to the manufacturer’s website to download and reinstall the PCI Memory Controller driver.
The manufacturer’s official website is another place where you can acquire the most recent version of the PCI Memory Controller driver.
Using the approach described above, launch “Device Manager,” right-click “PCI Memory Controller,” and choose “Properties.”
Select “Hardware IDs” from the dropdown menu under the “Details” tab in the “Properties” tab of the properties window. In the area labeled “Value,” this will display the Hardware IDs value. The DEV code stands for the device, and VEN stands for the vendor. Copy them for the PCI Memory Controller.
Now open your browser and press the “Enter” key to begin searching after pasting the chosen IDs into the search area. Then click the link to the manufacturer’s website that instructs you to download the PCI Memory Controller driver by the hardware IDs you entered in the search field to open the link and download the most recent driver version for PCI Memory Controller on your computer.
Double-click the “Downloaded driver setup file” to launch the installation procedure after downloading. You can see the changes and decide whether the error has been repaired by restarting your computer.
Solution 4- Automatically Update The Driver
As was already mentioned, keeping your drivers updated will aid in the problem-solving of computer glitches. Additionally, it will increase the processing power of your Windows device and its ability to work with other connected devices. Similarly to this, updating your PCI controller driver will improve the efficiency of your system.
This automatic approach makes it simple to update all of your drivers at once. However, to do this, you must upgrade the PCI device drivers using the most dependable and secure software available. With so many alternatives available, picking software for your computer may now be perplexing. To choose the best automatic driver update software, look for the following qualities:
- It should have a user-friendly interface.
- Ensure round-the-clock customer service is available.
- It should enable you to plan when to update drivers
- Before updating drivers, it should make a backup of them.
- It must assist you in improving the overall performance of your computer.
After going over some of the benefits of utilizing such software on your PC, it’s time to look at some tips for using the app to cure PCI memory controller problems without a driver problem.
- The software is downloaded, installed, and then launched on your PC.
- Scan your system’s drivers using the scan option.
- This will enable the software to scan the system for obsolete, lacking, damaged, or flawed drivers.
- Now, you can update just one driver—in this case, the PCI Memory Controller driver—or all of the drivers. The major benefit of employing automated driver updater software or tools is this.
Reboot your PC once the system drivers have been downloaded. And after that, the PCI memory controller driver problem will be automatically fixed.
Also Read: Top 5 Dell Gaming Computers in 2023
These were the best solutions to fix the PCI Memory Controller driver issue. If the initial solutions do not work for you, hop on to the later ones. If there is no serious technical problem with your PC, there are no other options that can resolve the issue except the ones given in the list below. Therefore, if none of them work, it is recommended that you take a technical expert’s help.